Today is World Gratitude Day? Did you know there was such a thing? I sure didn’t, but I have to admit that I wish it would take off. I think that most people could do with a little more gratitude and appreciation for the many gifts they have.
So, thinking about all the things that I’m grateful for, I decided to share five of them with you.
1. My family. I am a mommy to two boys, ages 6 and 7 ½, and a stepmom to an 18-year-old son. These guys (and my husband) are the lights of my life. Motherhood was something that I had always dreamed of, and I can tell you that this is better than I ever imagined. I have smart, funny, kind, athletic, sweet and bratty boys, and I wouldn’t change a thing! Plus, I am blessed with amazing, giving, and supportive parents and in-laws, too.
2. My health. Lots of people take health for granted, and I admit that I do that more often than I should. But despite some health challenges (I’ve lived with congenital heart defects my whole life and have had many open heart surgeries, two high-risk pregnancies, and a terrible head-on collision), I’ve always bounced back well and have been thankfully healthy.
3. My home. I feel blessed that we live in a popular beach community that has so much to do. It’s a fairly tight-knit community, so we’ve met great friends, and I love living in a place that has beautiful weather, great schools, and opportunities for my kids to thrive. Plus, it takes us less than five minutes to get to the beach!
4. Vacations. I love getting away with my family. We own an RV, and have taken several cross-country road trips, camping along the way, and despite the cramped space and close quarters, those trips are some of my best memories. This summer we took the boys on their first Hawaii trip, and had a blast. And we’re lucky to be frequent river goers and now have a permanent place there to call home.
5. Teachers Pay Teachers. This site has allowed me to channel my creativity in a way that’s not always possible in my regular teaching job. Additionally, it’s allowed me to meet and interact with so many bright, interesting people. And, the extra income is such a blessing! I have had the best month ever in my five years here and I’m thrilled!
To show my gratitude, please enjoy this new product for free (for 48 hours). I will change the price back to $5 on Tuesday, 9/23. And I would be so grateful if you would leave me some positive feedback.