Hi! My name is Melissa and I'm looking forward to sharing with you.
Here, to help you get to know me a little better, are five things that are make me who I am:
1. I love being outside in the sun. Summer is my favorite season, and I'm happiest when I'm at the beach or the river. True story, a huge factor in my deciding to attend the University of Miami was that it was always sunny and warm there.
2. I have a bit of a texture issue with food, and on a related note, I pretty much hate the color white when it comes to eating something (mayo, milk, cottage cheese...ewww).
3. I've taught English for the last 17 years, mostly at the high school level, and for a woman in her mid-thirties, I read a lot of young adult fiction (hey, I have to be able to recommend books to students, right?).
4. I haven't found a store that I love more than Target. It is a treat when I get to go there alone and just wander, although it's not great for my checking account. Usually I have my boys with me and they are either asking to get something or asking how much longer we have to stay.
5. I am married with three boys. It's interesting being the only girl in a house full of guys, but I wouldn't trade it for the world.